CCTV Security Cameras in Pakistan | Maintenance Checklist
We all know how important are CCTV cameras to maintain the security at your home or businesses. Rather than buying new cameras over and over again, you should maintain your existing cameras to avoid any extra cost. CCTV camera maintenance is not a very hard task only if you know what you should go to keep your cameras in optimal condition. Home security cameras in Pakistan are essential for maintaining your home security. Security system maintenance will save you from any kind of major camera damages.
In this article, I am going to share with you CCTV maintenance checklist that would help you to effectively maintain your CCTV camera.
Checklist for Security Camera MaintenanceYour CCTV cameras are not some time you can compromise on. The checklist I am sharing with you will be really helpful for saving your camera from any potential damage. To get the maximum benefit out of your CCTV camera it is important to keep them in the optimal condition that is only possible if you perform regular maintenance.
Physical MaintenanceFirst thing first, you must try to keep the housing and outer body of cameras protected because any physical damage can result in poor image quality or other issues. Here is the checklist to maintain the physical body of security cameras for home Pakistan.
1. You must keep checking that your cameras’ housing is not damaged. Especially the outdoor cameras are more vulnerable to damage because they have to survive in harsh weather conditions.
2. Make sure that all warning symbols on your camera are visible because you have to ensure that everyone is alert of your security.
3. Keep checking that all the bolts and screws of your cameras are in place. Your mount should be firm so no one can pull down the camera easily.
4. There should be no damage on wiring and any other section of cable. If there are any cracks in the cabling, you should immediately replace the section.
5. You should clear the casing of cameras on a regular basis.
Batteries and Image TransmissionMost of the issues can be diagnosed by analyzing the working of cameras. If CCTV cameras are working well, this can be clear evidence that there is nothing wrong with the battery or cabling. But you still need to do maintenance to ensure the good performance of CCTV.
1. First of all, you should check that your camera is connected with the power supply.
2. Make sure that your cables are well organized. It is better to cover cable behind the wall during installation because exposed cables are more likely to damage.
3. In case you are using solar panels to power your cameras, clean your panels, batteries and chargers more often.
4. In the case of wireless CCTV systems, make sure they have enough battery to work properly.
5. All of the connects and cables must be reaching your CCTV cameras to avoid any inconvenience.
6. The working of your cameras is majorly based on the batteries, make sure there are no cracks and damage on your batteries.
7. For the cameras using redundant power supplies or UPSs, check them regularly.
8. Keeping checking the quality of images and audio of Dahua cameras in Lahore.
OpticsIf you want your camera to function properly, you must maintain the optical components of the CCTV system. Optics of CCTV cameras can be damaged easily, so you should be extra careful towards them. Here is the checklist to maintain the optics of your CCTV camera.
1. There should be no marks, cracks or dust on your camera lenses. Clean the lenses using a piece of soft fabric of your CCTV camera more often so there would be no impact on image quality.
2. Keep checking on the night image quality of the camera.
3. If you notice any blurring in the camera view, immediately check if there are any cracks or dirt on lenses.
4. The image your CCTV camera should bright and clear so that zooming would not create grains on the image.
Control EquipmentWhen it comes to maintenance of CCTV cameras, you should also maintain all of the other equipment associated with the security cameras. If you want to buy CCTV cameras in Pakistan, make sure you know how to maintain them. To keep your camera in optimal condition, make sure all the control equipment is working well.
1. There are many types of equipment attached with CCTV cameras such as NVR, DVR, video switchers and multiplexers. To ensure the effective working of cameras you must make sure that this equipment is in good condition and working appropriately.
2. Keep monitoring the image quality of your cameras. If there is any issue on the image like blur image, grainy footage, pink light on images, you must immediately check the lens of cameras or maybe there is direct light on camera.
3. All devices attached to cameras should be in working condition. Make sure connectors are protected. Clean the connects and vents on the cameras more often.
4. If your camera is using UPSs, try to use cloud storage, so you would never run out of space.
Mechanical OperationMany of the advanced CCTV cameras include PTZ (Pan, tilt and zoom) feature that provides better control over your cameras. Follow the below checklist to ensure the PTZ is in good condition.
1. Keep checking that PTZ features of your CCTV cameras can are be working well and there are no issues raise in controlling the cameras.
2. If your cameras are not working smoothing, such as PTZ features is creating any issue, it is a major indicator that there is some electrical issue.
3. Make sure your cameras are rotating and changing its position based on your needs.
Backup and Storage SoftwareTry to backup your software more often and keep your data in safe storage software. To better main your home or office security, it is important to create a backup of your data and keep it in a safe place, so you can access them whenever you want. Following are some tips to effectively store and backup your data.
1. Create backups of your CCTV videos till your retention policy and archived every video so you can easily access them.
2. Keep erasing all the records and files that you no longer required. It will keep your storage space free for new recordings.
3. If there is an update pending for any equipment of your CCTV system, update it immediately because most the times new updates resolve many issues.
All of the above are mentioned some of the major maintenance checklist for your security system that would help you to keep your cameras in optimal condition.